Tuesday, September 18, 2007

www.biobus.org

A few pieces of great news today.

First, the aluminum tanks that Brian in Berkeley is making are nearing completion. I am really thankful to have found him, he is a real craftsman.

Second, Aaron and I figured out what was wrong with the transmission - turns out it there were some bad electrical connections from the limit switches in the transmission shifter-arm cylinder. Basically, the bus was shifting gears fine, but the limit switch that is supposed to tell the rest of the transmission that shift was successful was just not telling anyone anything! So the bus would not go into gear - that is, not without Lynn (or Leah or Jonathan) going back and manually closing the circuit. Thanks Lynn and Leah and Jonathan for your help - but thankfully now you can do more interesting things with your time than help me shift the bus into forward.

Third, thanks to Matt for suggesting to look for the domain name http://www.biobus.org, I now control this domain. I looked for it when I was first checking domains, but it was not available. Sometime between then and now it became available.

I am also now considering changing the name of the bus from BioStar to plain old BioBus. It is less geeky (not necessarily a plus, but still true), it is more natural to say (perhaps because I don't feel as much like a huge geek when I say it?), and it is very intuitive - not only is the bus biofueled, more important it is a BIO lab. See, I feel silly even explaining it because it is so obvious. And basically everyone (with the exception of some people who call the bus 'sammie bussie') already calls it the BioBus, including me, so I think I'm basically convinced.

On another note, I found out today that the not-for-profit application, after almost two months, is now sitting in the Dept. of Education's Office for Professions, in the department that deals with massage therapists, clinical laboratory technicians, and occupational psychologists. I'm really looking forward to when someone in that office decides to pick up the phone when it rings and explains to me what they've been doing with my articles of incorporation since Aug. 15th, the date that they received them for review. Earlier today I was trapped in a satanic pentagram of government bureaucracy, being transferred from office to office to office to office and then BACK TO THE FIRST OFFICE, at which point I was hung up on. Twice. Tomorrow I will attempt to directly contact the third point on the pentagram and hope that Satan does not clap into existence in a cloud of brimstone and force me to turn over my soul in exchange for the Dept. of Education's stamp of approval.

And for the last time, I AM NOT A MASSAGE THERAPIST! It's just a side thing!!

WTF?!%&?

OK, I will end this post on a happy note - I bought a half dozen LED lights in assorted pretty colors today. I will wire them in series with as many switches as I can, so that the dash of the bus will look like the cockpit of a jet at night.

WOOT!

No comments: