Friday, February 15, 2008

Microscopes On-Line

This was a really big week!

First, announcements for the inaugural Open Bus were posted, and a mailing list was established to spread the word. Sign-up to stay in the know.

Second, the new website gets more and more hits everyday - 100 hits on Wednesday. Martin Halla has volunteered to expand and develop the site.

Third, Andy Gerson of Olympus delivered a new microscope and camera!

Fourth, I found out that I can get fresh karp fish scales every Tuesday and Wednesday.

Fifth, I had my first student on the bus today, and together we recorded the first cells to be imaged on the bus!

Sixth through I'm-going-to-stop-counting now: Ublip donated a GPS tracker, Fetch Softworks and Marware donated software, and the BioBus Facebook group is going strong!

Please spread the word about the open bus - especially to K-12 students and teachers! I had a meeting with my friend Laura today and we think we can get enough footage for a short, 5 minute video piece about the bus to use on the website and other promotional material.

Want to know "why karp-fish?" and "whats with their scales?" OHHHHH you're gonna have to work for that one.

1 comment:

mudssar hussain said...

DA Checker This is the best platform for Bulk Moz Domain Authority Checker (DA Checker), With this free SEO tools, you can check DA, PR and IP Address of any website.